Related research and data
- Smallpox is the only human disease to be eradicated - here's how the world achieved it
- Why are there differences between reported and estimated cases of smallpox?
- Death rate from conflict and terrorismIHME, crude
- Death rate from conflict and terrorismIHME, age-standardized
- Deaths from conflict and terrorismIHME, GBD
- Number of reported smallpox cases
- Number of reported smallpox cases by world region
- Smallpox death rateUntil 1900
- Smallpox death rate versus life expectancy in Sweden
- Smallpox deaths as a share of all deaths in London1629 to 1902
- Smallpox: when was it eliminated in each country?
- The discrepancy between the reported and revised numbers of global smallpox cases