Explore all the metrics – energy production, electricity consumption, and breakdown of fossil fuels, renewable and nuclear energy.
Download our complete dataset of energy metrics on GitHub. It’s open-access and free for anyone to use.
How much of our energy comes from fossil fuels, renewables and nuclear energy? See the breakdown of the energy mix.
How are energy systems changing in each country? Is your country making progress on shifting to clean energy sources? We built 207 country profiles which allow you to explore the statistics for every country in the world.
Each profile includes interactive visualizations, explanations of the presented metrics, and the details on the sources of the data.
See energy consumption and sources of energy in your country and how it compares to others:
Our 12 most visited country profiles
Every profile includes five sections
- Access to Energy: What percentage of the population have access to electricity and clean cooking fuels? How many people are without?
- Energy consumption: How much energy and electricity does the average person consume?
- Energy Mix: Where does the country’s energy come from? How much comes from fossil fuels, nuclear, or renewables?
- Electricity Mix: Where does the country’s electricity come from? How much comes from fossil fuels, nuclear, hydropower, solar or wind?
- Energy and carbon efficiency: How much energy do we use per unit of GDP? How much carbon do we emit per unit of energy?